How to apply (South African PhD Applicants)
South African PhD candidates of Target Group 1 & 2
are invited to apply for a non-degree seeking mobility period
at one of the European EUSA_ID
partner universities!All mobilities must start latest in december 2016!!!
Available PhD mobility scholarships of the 3rd Call are listed below:
* PhD Students applying for a non-degree seeking mobility at ISS must focus on research fields that can be accommodated within one of the four ISS research groups: (1) civic innovation; (2) economics of development and emerging markets; (3) governance, globalisation and social justice; and (4) political economy of populations, environment and resources. More information on the research themes covered in the research groups is available here
** PhD Students applying for a non-degree seeking mobility at Jyväskylä must focus on one of the research fields offered there: (1) Moral and Political Agency (2) Sustainability and Social Transformations (3) Transforming Welfare Policies and Practices. Citizenship and participation are overarching themes at the department.
Before you process your application via the online application platform for South African PhD applicants
make sure that you have read all the instructions available for download in the guidelines for applicants
. Also prepare the relevant documentation before you start the online application process. It is not possible to save data halfway through the application form. Once started, the form must be completed.Documents needed for PhD applicants are the following:
1. Passport or other Id
3. Motivation letter
4. Proof of registration (only for Target Group 1)
5. Certificates and transcripts of pervious academic studies
6. CV: use the Europass template
& read the instructions
7. Research Proposal: read the guidelines
provided for download
8. If applicable, document proving your less favourable socio-economic situation (such as a confirmation of your eligibility for financial aid via the National Student Financial Aid Scheme of South Africa, NSFAS)
9. Recommendation/Nomination letter (academic reference)
10. Proof of Leave from your employer (if applicable - for those being employed and planning to get leave during mobility).
For questions about the online-application, email
. Please read all information available on the website before sending us your e-mail. Thank you.